"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

GRAND LODGE IS DEAD! LONG LIVE GRAND LODGE!


The Grand Lodge Annual Communication for 2006 has ended after two days, in a session that was mostly harmless. It's always great to see old friends every year, and attach names with faces after prolonged internet communication. Congratulations on the end of a successful, if painful, year for now Past Grand Master Dennis T. Herrell. He is certainly one of the kindest and gentlest men I have ever had the privilege of knowing.



Best wishes to the new Grand Master of Masons in Indiana, Most Worshipful Brother James Barkdull.

The biggest surprise I have had in recent memory came from Past Grand Commander of Knights Templar of Indiana Lawrence V. Kaminsky. I wrote, produced and narrated a video program for the Indiana Grand Commandery last winter, and it has apparently been very popular and well received, not just in Indiana, but around the country. Unfortunately, I was in Tennessee when the Grand Commandery was in session last month. So I was more than a little shocked and astonished that Larry stopped me at Grand Lodge yesterday and presented me with the Distinguished Service Medal of the Knights Templar. It is truly a great honor and privilege for me to receive this award, one I certainly do not feel qualified to have earned. I was, for once in my life, speechless.

1 comment:

  1. Br. Chris,
    I just found out this lived on the blogosphere. Good to see you here.

    I've been putting off a full read on the dummies book so I could concentrate on school, but it is the first text I have on tap to pick up!

    Good to see you here.

    Br. Greg
    Masonic Traveler

    ReplyDelete

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.