"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Levant Preceptory on Canadian TV



(Photo by John Bridegroom)
The Knights Templar of Levant Preceptory donned our chainmaille and helmets ten days ago for a documentary crew from Halifax, Nova Scotia. We performed our public program that depicts the Friday, October 13th arrests of the French Templars in 1307, and were appropriately shot in the Tyler's Room of the very Gothic Scottish Rite Cathedral in Indianapolis. The program, being made for Canadian television, will hopefully air next year on the National Geographic Channel. A tip of the helmet goes to Brother Stephen Dafoe for putting the producers in touch with us, and to Sir Knight Jim Dillman for his tireless efforts.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on this honor. I don't see Bob Coleman, ... I hope he knew about this, his nick name is Templar Bob. :0) Alas, at this point I only have Hospitalar kit, and am a 3rd degree in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Robert knew and had committed to participating. But he was also, unfortunately, committed to demonstrations at the Fishers Renaissance Fair the same weekend and never made it down to us.

    We need to speak to you about the York Rite and Raper Commandery, my brother...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh! I saw him at the Faire, and he was a blessing to every patron. Sorry to steal him from you guys, but he is after all one of the most knowledgeable on the Templar subject.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to hook up with the proper York Rite, and 'get me Templar spurs". Then I'll have to get a new tunic, cape, and cowl, but its not like I don't adopt a new persona once a year anyway. I usually do, Pictish Warlord, Gaulic Roman Auxiliary, and Italo Norman Crusader.

    I was in line last year, but the economy tanking and was really socking it to my sword smithing business, -overwhelmed my mind at the time. When I get over taxed I tend bunch up. :0)

    ReplyDelete

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.